Friday, April 1, 2011

Design team reveal!

This month's kit from TSF (two scrapbook friends) held a few surprises for me. Each team member was given a "Beyond the Page" project from Kaisercraft as well as a little plastic tube. Our focus was the BTP and then with whatever we had left we could create layouts/cards.

I was THRILLED to get one of the new trays to decorate because I've wanted to do one for awhile. The paper line I was given was from My Mind's Eye's Stella & Rose, Hattie collection and well I couldn't have been happier.




I used a layers of vintage photo ink and tattered leather Glimmer mist to cover the wood



I picked up some of the extra embellishments that coordinated with the collection



I added wired ribbon, buttons and raffia from my stash



I cut these flowers out of a patterned paper then rolled them up



Can you see the tulle behind this photo?? Love the tiny little lock that is also MME



I made this layout with what I had left and some buttons from my stash



When I first stuck the buttons down I thought they looked bare so I hand stitched them



7 comments:

Bobbi-Lynn said...

You did a FANTASTIC job!!! Love this line, and you made it look so great!

Avril Tanner said...

Love how your Beyond the Page project turned out! it is just gorgeous! and I totally love the way you used the buttons on the layout!

Sharon said...

Beyonds words Shelby. I am in awe with what you did with the frame.

Deanna said...

Seriously, you rock! The frame is like gorgeous! and the stitched line behind the buttons, brilliant!

Unknown said...

love your beyond the page project and they stitching on your buttons is awesome!

Veronica said...

nice to see you the other day, it sure was fun! Love these projects!

mn36 said...

Love the frame... I keep coming back to look at it. Fabulous