Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

To all the moms out there I hope you have a wonderful day!
Here are a few poems by Joanna Fuchs that are perfect for my sister and my mom and how I feel many days (I'm sure you do too!)


I’ve been watching you be a mother, Sis,
And I just want you to know,
I admire you and respect you, because
As a mom, you are a pro!
I love you, Sis, and now I see
You’re amazing in every way;
You’re my sister, a mom and a friend as well;
Happy Mother’s Day!



Mom, we miss you so very much

On every Mother’s Day;
And not just then, but every minute,
Since you went away.
You were the center of our lives
Before your soul passed on;
It’s just so hard for us to believe
That you are really gone.
But we celebrate the life you lived
And all the things you gave us;
Our wonderful memories, Mom, of you
Are the things that will comfort and save us.
Please think of us, as we think of you
With hearts so full of love;
We’re looking up at you, sweet Mom,
As you look at us from above
.
By Joanna Fuchs

I Want To Be Locked Up
(Thoughts from a harried mom, who is beginning to think some time in a minimum-security, white collar crime prison is looking pretty good.)

I want to be locked up
Away from everything,
Free from all the craziness
A mother's day can bring.
No planning, shopping, cooking
Three healthy meals a day,
Served up with love to finicky kids
Who throw most of it away.
No constant interruptions,
Dirty laundry on the floor,
Driving everyone every place,
Sibling rivalry (It’s war!)
No one asking me to do things,
Getting mad if I forget,
Me giving up my very self—
I’m the family marionette.
Prison sometimes looks appealing
(Or maybe the looney bin),
I get free time and three square meals;
With nothing to do, I win!
I want to be locked up
For freedom, time and such,
There’s just one obstacle for me:
I love my kids too much!

Here's hoping all the moms out there find a moment or two to relax today.

4 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

Oh that last peon is just delightful!!!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Thinking of you today Shelby! Happy Mother's Day!

Audrey said...

I hope you had time to put up your feet yesterday while everyone else waited on you had and foot.

Deanna said...

What an amazing post Shelby, pass the tissues!