Sunday, April 25, 2010

home again...

Just spent a wonderful weekend away in Grand Bend for another FANTASTIC scrapbooking retreat organized by Two Scrapbook Friends. I am beyond exhausted but wanted to post a little something about the great time we had. It's so nice to be away: no one to cook or clean for (unless you count having to constantly tidy my scrap space so as not to creep onto my neighbours area!), no bickering children etc etc. I had set a lofty goal of accomplishing at least 1 layout this weekend. I know, way to aim high right? Well, with all the samples I've been creating lately I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself. Of course being surrounded by so many talented ladies all sharing in our love of scrapbooking the creative juices flowed. I managed to complete about 11 layouts which is way more than I would have done at home so definitely a success. I also did something I kept meaning to do in the 6 times I've been to the Oakwood resort. I actually walked down the beach. I went down alone and had the entire beach to myself. It was incredibly peaceful and gave me a moment to take a deep breath and appreciate just how lucky I am to be able to spend a weekend away in a wonderful place doing just what I want to do. All in all a terrific weekend....is it time for the Fall retreat yet?

Had to take a photo to prove I did actually make it down to the beach!

So calm and peaceful

Wyatt, lovin' his Easter haul!

Really love this line from Pink Paislee. There is hidden jounalling that explains that my youngest will only eat pickles when we tell him we found one with his name on it.

I won a collection pack of papers from MME (I did a high kick in pj bottoms to win this!! lol) I couldn't wait to use it to do a layout of my friend's daughter, Oceane.

Holden, future Clark Kent. I used all stickers on this except for the background and one small strip of paper.

My friend took this photo of Wyatt and I love it. I was inspired by a layout from an '09 Creating Keepsakes page.

More Pink Paislee. I made the acordian fold flowers and they were the hit of the table. Have to do a Friendzy Friday on these I guess!

Joanne has started creating sketches and I really loved the one we all had to use for a little friendly competition at the retreat.

For this one I used some Fancy Pants 'rusted sun' papers which is a very beachy theme. Just goes to show that you can use themed papers beyond what they are intended for. (gotta love double-sided paper!)

There is a lot of prep work that goes in to making these retreats smooth and enjoyable. By the look of all the smiling ladies at the retreat I'd say it was a huge success. I am signed up for the Fall retreat and cannot wait for it to come. Better get snapping lots of photos!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow you sure were productive! lovely layouts Shelby, as always you do great work!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Oh my gosh. I was sitting at the same table as you.....and I didn't see all of these. It was a pleasure having you there and I can't wait for the fall either. Beautiful layouts, as always.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Gorgeous layouts!! So glad you had a terrific time, I hope to be at the fall retreat!

shelby said...

I always have fun..are you kidding? Buffet, no kids and scrapbooking..what's not to love?! I am going to the Fall retreat..hopefully you will be there too!

Audrey said...

Great job Shelby, as always.

Deanna said...

We had such a great time too Shelby! Your layouts are amazing!

Regan said...

dude...you are a machine...seriously..its outta control...

gorgeous stuff