Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year....New design team at TSF

I almost felt like spring was in bloom when I was creating with this month's design team kit from Three Bugs in a Rug. The colours and prints felt like a breath of fresh (not freezing!) air. There was so much to work with in this month's kit I could have kept on creating, as it was I made 3 cards and 3 layouts with loads of product to spare.

For the first card I added some BoBunny pink dot cardstock (one of my faves that I always have on hand in many colours), wide grosgrain ribbon and a little scrap of green cardstock.



This card was all from the kit except the ribbon and blue cardstock


Again the pattern paper and sticker were from the kit, I added some cardstock and ribbon. I borrowed the scallop punches from TSF's crop space and I am thinking I need to add them to my ever-growing wish list of tools!






For this 'Sisters' layout I added the BoBunny dot in blue ( I told you it was a fave!), the base cardstock, chipboard swirls, ribbon, fabric flowers and bling. It was my first time working with Glamour dust and I was really happy with the effect. I first painted Craft n' Craftin chipboard swirls with white paint then while the paint was still wet I sprinkled on the dust. I added a thin coat of Glossy Accents on top and voila, sparkly swirls! The frame was cut out on the Cricut.




I used the same technique for the centers on the hand cut and fabric flowers.
(thanks to Jessica for the picture of her beautiful daughters Emma & Kate)



One of my favourite things to do with the boys is go for hikes on the many nature trails in the area. It's always a great opportunity for photos like this one of Holden this past summer. I chose to use a black and white to make it work better with these colours. I do this often when I have a colour scheme in mind and the photo clashes with it.




I used some faux stitching rubons which is such an easy way to get the sewn look for us 'non-sewers' out there! I cut out the 'Happy Trails' circle on the Cricut and used a 'my Mind's eye' diecut circle phrase to emphasize the hiking theme. That little bling bug has been in my stash since they first arrived at TSF and I have been waiting for the right project to use it. The colours worked perfectly so it finally got to 'crawl' onto a layout! Pop dots under the hand cut flowers and 'where to?' diecut add dimension.




When I saw this picture of my friend Darcy's little girl, Oceane, I knew it was perfect for these papers. I stuck with a tight colour scheme to really focus the layout on the flower face painting. The orange floral paper was cut on the Expression. I love that you can cut out really large shapes that mimic diecut papers.

I inked Kaisercraft chipboard letters in vintage photo ink then covered in Glossy Accents for the title. I added the diecut flowers and buttons, everything else was from the kit.



So much fun working with all of these Spring looking colours this month.

I would also like to extend a warm welcome to the new members of the design team.

Be sure to check out their beautiful creations over on the TSF gallery.



Thanks for taking a look and Happy New Year!!!

8 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love your cards and scrap pages......especially Happy Trails!!! ADORABLE!

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous Shelby.. great work.. love the colours, the details

Happy New Year to you and the family.

Regan said...

oh geez Shelby...you did fantastic!

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Amazing work!! Love all the stuff you did with this kit!

Joanne said...

I totally love your layouts and cards! I am so glad that you are doing another term on the Design Team - your work is inspiring!

Unknown said...

great creations this month!

Samantha said...

Beautiful work Shelby!

Tracey said...

Your reveal is gorgeous Shelby! Love it all!!