Saturday, October 31, 2009

November reveal...



It's that time again! I loved working with this month's design team kit from Two Scrapbook Friends. There were so many beautiful papers and embellishments to create with. I am thankful to all my friends who shared their daughter's fall photos with me! I used lots of stickles and glossy accents on these layouts but it doesn't really translate well on here.


For this layout of Mia at the pumpkin patch I hand cut a leaf patterned paper then layered it with stickers and other embellishments. I used stickles to accent the veining in the large orange leaf and the vine along the right side.
Just wanted to add that this layout has been selected for the Basic Grey gallery http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/idea_gallery/35172.jpg

I came across this pic of my friend's daughter, Juliet, apple picking and knew I wanted to use it with this line. I traced patterned paper onto the tree then inked the trunk. I used the pom pom ribbon to look like grass. When I thought I was finished I took another look and added the little grouping on the top right.


For this layout of Laney I went for a linear look with a few little girly details. I used some Tim Holtz snaps as flower centers and a Prima felt vine. The chipboard letters were inked, then I used pink, red and cinnamon coloured stickles. Once they were dry I coated them in glossy accents. I love how they come out looking epoxy like.





Thanks again to Jenny, Melinda and Shanah for lending me your girls. It's so fun to scrap feminine. These papers would work for boys too but when I saw these photos I knew they would be perfect for this month's kit.



8 comments:

Carolyn Wolff said...

Absolutely!

Unknown said...

beautiful work this month Shelby!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous projects Shelby!

Rosanne said...

Everything is gorgeous! Thanks too for stopping by Little Red Wagon.

Karan said...

love your designs this month, great job friend :)

Veronica said...

Love your layouts Shelby!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous designs Shelby! You rock!

Beeceecreativity said...

awesome layouts Shelby.. great colourings and fabulous detailing....