Monday, August 31, 2009

September design team reveal

It's time again for another design team reveal. This month's kit featured papers and embellishments from Scenic Route. When I first saw the kit I thought 'wow, that's a lot of pink'. I love pink but having two boys doesn't usually require a lot of pink on layouts. Nevertheless I set out to search my photos for pics that would work. I did a wedding layout (pics from almost 6 years ago), a pic I took of Wyatt and I goofing around in the backyard from this summer and one I took of my friend's little girl Mia on her third birthday at the beginning of August.








Everything was in the design team kit except a few black mini brads, some rubons and a little bit of pink bling.
It's hard to tell in photos but I used lots of glossy accents, stickles and my new glitter pen to accent the flowers and dots.

I also designed 2 cards this month instead of one because I had so much to work with. I did add the cream flowers, ribbon and bit of chipboard.






I'm really having a lot of fun working on these kits every month.

Not only am I getting to work with products I may not have chosen I am managing to keep my scrap mojo flowing too!

Check out http://www.twoscrapbookfriends.com/photopost/ to see all the creations this month.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous projects Shelby!!

Karan said...

great job with this months kit,

Joanne said...

Beautiful Shelby! I love your work!